BY KAREN WEBB
An Open Letter to Rep. Paul Ryan, R-WI:
I have been reading about your new plan for Social Security and Medicare and I have just a few questions.
1. I am too old to start now, but I may be giving advice to the younger family members, so which page has the list of entities to invest a retirement account in that will never go down and will have a guaranteed return. I don’t go to casinos or Las Vegas and after the savings and loan debacle in the ‘80s, Enron and others in the ‘90s and the bust in 2008, I will not want to go to Wall Street to gamble without guarantees.
2. On which page are the regulations that will prevent what happened in the ‘80s, ‘90s and 2008 from happening again?
3. What are you guys calling it this week? Vouchers, green stamps, coupons or Bob? You know, what you plan to give people to help them subsidize the CEOs of United, Blue Cross or whatever. If my life is on a profit margin I would like to know who is going to get millions or billions while telling me I can’t get an MRI if my doctor wants it because my teeth aren’t straight or because I’m pigeon toed or can’t stand on one foot and sing Dixie while twirling a fire baton.
4. On what page is the guarantee that they can’t suddenly stop covering my particular illness or medication. I remember that Medicare prescription/gift to the pharmaceutical industry that you guys dreamed up where I couldn’t change companies when they stopped covering my medication, but they could make any changes they felt like.
Mr. Ryan, I have no idea what the elders in your family did to cause you to hate the elderly as much as you do.
I don’t care if you call it privatization, personalization, individualization or Gladys, it is the same thing. It is betting that Wall Street and the banking industry have repented because no one on your side of the aisle thinks they did anything to be punished or regulated for.
You are asking us to trust them again and they aren’t going to do any of that stuff again, but they will find a new way to screw us and you will let them do it. They always do and you always let them do it.
There are no regulations or limits on GREED. You will continue cutting revenue by giving tax cuts to people who don’t need them and have no intention of creating jobs with a living wage, period; end of story.
Right now you guys are attempting to make it impossible for the rest of us to band together and organize. I saw the Supreme Court ask the woman why she just didn’t sue Walmart on her own. Walmart is just another person with the right to spend any part of their billions to buy elections. How much could it cost to sue Walmart? She looks like a woman with the millions it would take. That is why she applied at Walmart in the first place – she must be independently wealthy and can afford to be treated like a second-class citizen.
You guys love guns so much, why don’t you just shoot the rest of us. Oh, you can’t do that because then you and your brat kids would have to fight all the wars you like so much, and profit from. Who would pick up all that trash, clean the toilets and do all the dirty work?
By the way, if it were George Bush or Ronald Reagan attacking Libya, Yemen or Dallas, not one Republican would have a problem with it. Here’s hoping exactly what happened when the GOP shut down the government the last time happens again.
P.S. Please pass this on to the Oklahoma Delegation, including DINO Dan [U.S. Rep. Dan Boren, Democrat-In-Name-Only].
– Karen Webb lives in Moore, OK and is a regular contributor to The Oklahoma Observer