BY VIRGINIA BLUE JEANS JENNER
Old white guys on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee have an opinion on everything but an opinionated woman bugs them.
Take Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor who committed the unpardonable sin in this world of good ol’ boys by saying:
“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”
Here’s why Sotomayor spooks the senators:
1. Male senators prefer to keep their feet on the necks of women.
2. Male senators like women to be silent and deferential.
3. Male senators hate to admit a woman is right.
4. Male senators do not consider opinionated women to be smart and well-informed like men.
5. Male senators prefer to deal with judges who are their gender.
6. Male senators don’t like to take orders from women who remind them of their mamas.
7. Male senators resent women taking judgeships that have previously been reserved for their buddies.
8. Male senators are not used to hearing it from a woman.
Sotomayor really muffed it when she apologized for her truthful remark about wise Latina women.
She should have told the male senators if they don’t like it, “tough titty.”
– Virginia Blue Jeans Jenner lives in Wagoner, OK